Terms and conditions
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE SERVICES OFFERED BY THE WEB SITE www.eniscuola.net
The following conditions (hereinafter ‘General Conditions’) apply to the use of all the services (hereinafter the ‘Services’), identified and briefly described in Art 1 below, offered by Eni S.p.A., corporate offices in Piazza Enrico Mattei 1, Rome (hereinafter ‘Eni S.p.A.” or ‘Eni’), the company that owns the portal identified by the URL https://www.eniscuola.net (hereinafter ‘the Site’).
1. Identification of Services
Events and updated news on issues related to the world of science
Text updates covering the areas and interests covered by the site
The publication of multimedia content relating to the areas and interests covered by the site
Information concerning projects organised by eni for schools, on its own or in cooperation with other legal entities, both in Italy and abroad
The promotion and distribution, for free, of printed teaching materials
Online training courses and free access to issues covered by the site (e-learning)
Online English language courses that allow teachers to monitor at a distance test results through an electronic register that keeps track of activities carried out (attempted answers, percentage of correct answers, time used).
Teaching modules in English, available to teachers, on scientific topics, made up of videos and exercises, structured according to CLIL (content language integrated learning) standards. Eni may expand the range of services advising users directly on the web site. In this case, these Conditions apply also to any subsequent services that may be identified and made available from time to time.
2. Provision of Services
Even though User’s may access and use Services that are not subject to any form of payment, the User agrees to the following:?
- Eni S.p.A. may at any time suspend or definitively interrupt the provision of Services, in whole or in part;
- Use of the Services is at the User’s own risk and responsibility;?
- Services provided to the User are not subject to any form of payment in the form in which they are found, and without any guarantee of validity, accuracy or continuity;?
- Eni S.p.A. does not guarantee that the Services will correspond to the requirements of the User, or that they shall be uninterrupted, convenient, secure or without errors;?
- Eni S.p.A. does not guarantee the results that are expected, hoped for or obtained from the use of the Services;?
- The Services provided by Eni do not include those related to telecommunications (including the data transmission services via internet); the acquisition of such telecommunication services must be made autonomously by the User;?
- The Services may not be supported by any of the commercially available browsers and/or operating systems or some versions of the same. It is therefore the User’s responsibility to identify the correct combination of software and hardware to provide an adequate degree of useful access to the Services.?
3. Changes to the General Conditions.
Users expressly authorize Eni S.p.A. to communicate, using the user’s e-mail address, eventual changes to the General Conditions and any eventual particular conditions, that will constitute the contractual terms for the provision of Services. Users agree to print or copy in an adequate form and to retain the General Conditions and all subsequent changes that may be applied. The use of even one Service by the User will be taken as a confirmation of acceptance of: the General Conditions, any particular condition, and all subsequent changes that may be applied.
4. User’s personal identification and security; indemnity
The User agrees to make only authorized use of his username and/or password and not to infringe security. The User accepts total responsibility for all actions taken by using the Services, and indemnities and hold Eni S.p.A. harmless from any claim or threat deriving from the use or abuse of his utilization of the Services. The password must contain a minimum of 8 to a maximum of 14 characters.
5. Intellectual and industrial property rights in relation to the Site and its Services
The User expressly recognizes that all intellectual property rights, for example, know how, source codes, software, hardware, projects, applications, patents, industrial secrets, formulae, algorithms, models, data bases or similar, related to the Services, the data and all other material coming from Eni or, in any case, made available to the User by Eni S.p.A. by virtue of the General Conditions, remain the exclusive property of Eni S.p.A., and that no rights, except that of the exclusively personal use in line with the terms of the General Conditions, are given to the Users concerning the above.
The Data Bases on which the Services are based (hereinafter the ‘Data Bases’) as well as the contents of the Web Site are protected by copyrights, as per Law N°633 of 22 April 1941, also as modified by the Legislative Decree N°169 of 6 May 1999 (hereinafter ‘Copyright Law’). The Data Bases are also the object of significant investments by Eni S.p.A., and are consequently also protected Artt. 102 bis and 102 ter of Copyright Law. Under the terms of such protection, the only use conceded to users of the Data Bases is that which is in line with the terms of these General Conditions. In no case must these General Conditions be interpreted to give users the right to extract, in total or in part, from one or more of the Data Bases, or the extraction or repeated and systematic use of not substantial parts of the content of one or more of the Data Bases.
6. Prohibition of the sale or commercial use of the Services
The User’s right to the utilization of the Services is personal and may not be assigned to other persons. The User may access Services as an individual for purely personal use and, in any case, not for gain, profit or any other economic end. The User may not use any of the extracted contents in intellectual works. Users may not reproduce, publish, distribute, create a data base, translate, adapt, duplicate, copy, sell, subject to framing or deep linking, resell or in any way exploit for commercial purposes, gain or profit the services, either whole or in part, or as extracted from the Data Bases, including the use of or access to the Services.
Eni may provide links to other sites or other internet resources. The User understands and accepts that Eni has no control over the content of such sites and as a mere third party is not in any way responsible for the content and/or material, also publicity material, distributed on such sites or external resources, including products and services offered on them. Such products and services can not be considered in any way to be sponsored, shared or supported by Eni S.p.A. and consequently the User is solely responsible for any eventual purchases made of such products and services.
8. Limitations of responsibility
In view of the free provision of Services, Eni S.p.A. declines any responsibility for eventual claims by the User concerning the impossibility of use of Services for whatever reason.
Eni S.p.A. will not be responsible for any eventual claim for damages, compensation or loss, direct or indirect, suffered by the User as a result of the non- or defective functioning of the electronic apparatus of the User or of third parties, including Internet Service Providers, telecom and/or computer connections not directly managed by Eni S.p.A. or persons for which it is responsible. Eni S.p.A. can not be held responsible for damages resulting from:
- a failure to provide Services resulting from the wrong or lack of functioning of the electronic means of communication for reasons outwith the bounds of the company’s control, including, for example, fire, natural disasters, energy blackout, non-availability of telephone lines or other suppliers of network services, malfunctioning of computers and other electronic appliances, also those that are not an integral part of the internet, malfunction of the programs installed on the computer by the User;
- deriving from the actions of other users or other persons with access to the internet.?
9. Authorized use and indemnity
The User undertakes to use the Services exclusively for authorized purposes by current legislation, accepted practice, the rules of diligence and in any case without impinging or infringing the rights of any third party, whether a user or not of communication media, and paying particular attention to regulations governing the protection of data, the laws governing intellectual and industrial property rights, the protection of personal data, current legislation concerning computer crime and regulations concerning telecommunications. The User is wholly responsible for the content of messages and texts sent by him and recognizes that he is the sole responsible, indemnifying Eni S.p.A. and any person and/or company connected to it for claims for damages or other resulting from actions by third parties for damages caused by the User or person authorized by the User to access the Services.?Any and all information and/or material supplied to Eni by any visitor to this site is deemed to be non confidential. Therefore Eni shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such information or material, and reserves the right to use this information and/or material in any way it chooses.
Eni S.p.A. Headquarters,
Piazzale Enrico Mattei 1,
Share capital €4,005,358,876.00 fully paid (as of 19/09/2005)
Companies Register in Rome,
Tax registration N° 00484960588
VAT N° 00905811006
Registered in Rome N° 756453