published in energy

Installed wind power in Europe in 2017

The chart shows the installed wind capacity by country in Europe at the end of 2017. The total European wind capacity is 177,506 MW: 168,729 MW (95% of the total capacity) are installed in the 28 EU countries, the remaining 5% in other countries. During 2017, 16.8 GW of wind power were installed throughout Europe, of which 15,638 MW in European Union countries. Of the 15,638 MW installed in the EU, 12,484 MW are onshore and 3,154 MW offshore. In 2017, the onshore market decreased by 14% in the European Union, while the installation of offshore facilities doubled over the previous year.
Source: EWEA, Wind in power 2017

Eni S.p.A. - P.IVA 00905811006