Eni in brief
Eni is active in 79 countries with a staff of about 80,000 employees.
Eni operates in the oil and gas, electricity generation and sale, petrochemicals, oilfield services construction and engineering industries. In these businesses it has a strong edge and leading international market position.
Eni is listed on the Milan Stock Exchange and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)
Eni’ commitment for sustainable development is focused on making the most of its people, contributing to the development and wellbeing of the communities with which the Company works, protecting the environment, investing in technological innovation and energy efficiency, as well as mitigating the risks of climate change.
In 2010, Eni confirmed its place in the Dow Jones Sustainability World and Europe indexes, and in the FTSE4Good and Carbon Performance Leadership indexes. Eni was introduced on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index back in 2007, and in 2008 it was acknowledged as the world leader in Sustainability in the Oil & Gas Sector: for the first time an Italian company held this leading position. One of the distinctive elements of Eni’s “research system” is the capacity to develop technologies in partnerships and to maintain an extensive and specific network of relations and collaborations with the Italian national and the international scientific communities.
- Consolidated net profit for the year: €6.32 billion
- Dividend proposal: €1.00 per share
- Net sales from operations: €98.523 billion
- Cash flow: €14.694 billion
- Market capitalization: €59,2 billion
- Oil and natural gas production: 1.815 kboe/d
- Natural gas sales: 97.06 bcm
- 1926 - Establishment of AGIP (Azienda Generale Italiana Petroli)
- 1952 - The “six-legged dog” becomes the symbol of Agip
- 1953 - Eni (Ente Nazionale Idrocarburi) is established
- 1992 - The law is passed to transform Eni into a joint stock company
- 1995 - Initial public offering of Eni shares on the stock market
- 1996 - In October, another 16% of the Company’s share capital was placed on the market
- 1997 - The third placement took place in June, when approximately 18% of the Company’s share capital was placed on market
- 1998 - June saw the fourth offering, with a further 14% of the Company’s share capital placed
- In February 2001 a placement operation on 5% of the company’s share capital was carried out among institutional investor